Re: [GENERAL] changing between 6.4.1 and 6.5

От Stuart Rison
Тема Re: [GENERAL] changing between 6.4.1 and 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

>after an installation of PostgrSQL v6.5 on a new machine
>i have problems with a view which is running without problems
>under 6.4.x.
>But the view isn't the problem. The same statement on the real table
>realized the same error:
>ERROR: illegal use of aggregate or non-group column in target list
>(aggregates are not existing in my database)
>
>Statement:  select x1, x2, x3, x4 on tablex order by x1, x2;
                                  ^^^^

Try: select x1, x2, x3, x4 FROM tablex order by x1, x2;

I have no idea why you get an 'aggregate' error message.  My version
(PG6.4.0) throws a syntax error!

HTH,

S.

| Stuart C. G. Rison       | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
+--------------------------+ 91 Riding House Street               |
| N.B. new phone code!!    | London, W1P 8BT                      |
| Tel. +44 (0)207 878 4041 | UNITED KINGDOM                       |
| Fax. +44 (0)207 878 4040 | stuart@ludwig.ucl.ac.uk              |